Rocket goes to France

A photo journal of my summer adventure exploring France, 27 years in the making--it was an epic adventure. Be sure to click on the archive button at the bottom for more photos.

Name:
Location: Olympia, Washington

This blog is about my quirky world view, obsession with travel and photography and experiencing the world. click to enlarge photos then use the back button to go back. I hope you enjoy seeing as much as I enjoy doing. Tons more in the archives, so feel free to check them out--

Wednesday, August 31, 2005


At Pere La Chaise it is said that the red roses on Colette's grave are put there daily by the cemetery cats. It surprised me to see in several old crypt/ossuary/family memorials with broken open doors, there were cat beds and food dishes. Some were simply baskets of straw on the floors and altars but this one was a box full of baby blankets wrapped in plastic with a picture of the resident pasted on top. I liked knowing the cats are cared for. There was a plastic food dish, a water bowl and a milk jug of water on the shelf in this crypt so someone is making the rounds on a daily basis. Since you have to pay to get in, I wonder who?
copyright Fred

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home